Career and College Readiness Week

The week in review for Career and College Readiness (Ms. Nin).

GNA CAMPUS – Ms. Nin has prepared yet another event to work hands-on with students on their lives after graduation. During the week of the 24 to the 28, a multitude of events will be held in room 226. Career and College Readiness Week is a week’s worth of workshops geared towards helping students complete or feel more prepared for their post-secondary path. At the end of the week all students that attended get their names put in for a raffle prize! The max amount of tickets a student can be earned is six. 

Sign-ups will be held throughout the week of the 17 to the 21 in Ms. Nin’s office (227) located above the library. Below is a list of each event along with the date and description:

Monday, 24:

LCCC Instant Decision Day:

Students that sign up can apply in advance or that day and receive an instant decision on their admission to LCCC. (All day)

Tuesday, 25:

College Essay Writing and Review Workshop:

Students can come with their essays prewritten or with nothing at all! This workshop will help students identify what their essays should look like and how to structure them! I will also be reading and editing essays after the workshop. (2nd period)

Common App Walkthrough:

Students can come with questions or with a freshly created Common App account. I will be doing a step-by-step for what students should be putting in each section of the common app and answering any specific questions students have. (6th period)

Wednesday, 26:

FAFSA Question and FSA ID Creation Day:

Students can sign up for time slots to come down to my office and either create their FSA ID or ask questions about FAFSA/Financial Aid! (All day)

Thursday, 27:

Identify Your “Transferable Skills” Workshop:

Students can sign up to learn about what transferable skills are, how they are beneficial and how to identify them! (2nd period)

Friday, 28:

Career Question Panel:

Students can sign up to meet 7 professionals whose careers range from a small business owners to a therapist. The panel will be given the chance to talk about their experiences finding their paths before answering questions from students! (2nd period)

This is another great opportunity to get students involved and excited about their futures. Once again, be sure to sign up in Ms. Nin’s office (227) located above the library, this is the only week to do so. Make sure to stay up to date on other college and career opportunities by scanning the QR code also located on Ms. Nin’s office window. Links for virtual sign-ups will be provided below:

Juniors

Seniors