October 2017: movie reviews

Grease                                                                                                                                                                                   

1 hr 50 min

1978

Grease is set in the 1950s. The Pink Ladies and the T-Birds went on many adventures as their high school careers were ending and their lives starting. In this movie cars are a big thing. The movie is basically about the love between, main characters, Sandy and Danny. They had a summer romance, but little did Sandy know, she was going to be a foreign exchange student that year. Frenchie goes to beauty school after dropping out of high school, but later fails high school and goes back to high school.

Grease 2

1 hr 55 min

1982

Grease 2 is set in 1961. Grease 2 is the sequel to Grease. Frenchie returns in this movie to take chemistry because she wants to make her own makeup line. This movie has motorcycles instead of cars. The Pink Ladies basically go for guys with motorcycles. Michael (cousin of Sandy) falls in love with Stephanie.

The Addams Family

1 hr 50 min

1991

The Addams family is about the Addams family whom had lost Uncle Fester. Uncle Fester was brother to Gomez. Morticia (wife of Gomez) has suspicions that the guy who claims to be Uncle Fester is a fraud because he is not able to recall events in his own life.

Beauty and the Beast

2 hr 10 min

2017

This is a live version of the cartoon movie Beauty and the Beast (1991). Belle is the smartest woman in the time period she lives because her father teachers her to read. In the time period in which this movie takes place women did not have the right to have a education. Belle goes against what society says about women having an education to show that not everyone has to be the same because if every person was the same the world would be different. This movie has  great morals behind it as well. The moral of this movie is that beauty is not what is on the outside but what is on the inside. The other moral is that everyone can change if you know the right people. All of the furniture and appliances along with the enchanted rose shows the audience that there is only so much time before you lose everything when you have a negative attitude.  

Everything, Everything

1 hr 36 min

2017

This movie is about a girl, Maddy, who gets told by her mother that she is not allowed to go outside because of her medical condition. Her medical condition makes her unable to go outside or else she will get sick and possibly die. Her medical condition is Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID). SCID is an actual disease that was not made up in the movie. If you like to read Everything, Everything is also a book. The book is by Nicola Yoon.