Getting to know our staff: Ms. Bigos

Ms.+Bigos

Ms. Bigos

What college did you go to and what did you major in? 

I attended Misericordia University as a mathematics major.

How do you view education differently now from when you were a high school student? 

In high school, I placed a significant emphasis on maintaining perfect grades. While I remain a high achiever, I now focus more on how I can grow from the experience and what I can gain from the insights of others. I’ve been blessed with a few great mentors that have taught me so much over the past couple of years. 

What has your experience been like so far at GNA? 

Jumping in so late in the school year was tough, but everyone has been supportive! I’m proud to teach at my Alma Mater, alongside many of the teachers I looked up to as a student. I credit Ms. Warman for inspiring me to major in math, so I couldn’t ask for a better mentor. 

What is something people don’t know about you? 

I was state champion in archery at one point. Some people don’t know that though. 

What are your hobbies outside of school?

I enjoy spending time outdoors – especially hunting, fishing, kayaking, and skiing. I also love watching anything Star Wars and playing video games. 

What is your favorite song of all time? 

I don’t think I could pick just one! Two of my favorites are “Days Go By” by Keith Urban, and “Bluebird” by Maranda Lambert. I love a lot of country and 80’s music, so it’s hard to choose. 

If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would it be? Why? 

This isn’t a real person, but I think it would be cool to meet Obi-Wan Kenobi. I love Star Wars and he is one of my favorite Jedi.

What is your biggest piece of advice for students? 

Be kind, work hard, and follow your heart! The song “Be a Light” by Thomas Rhett sums up any other advice I have.