GNA implements end-of-year policies

alyciacool30

Greater Nanticoke Area High School is implementing new policies for the rest of the 2022/2023 school year.

GNA CAMPUS – Greater Nanticoke Area High School is implementing new policies for the rest of the 2022/2023 school year.

Here is the email Mr. Collins sent out to the students and staff of GNA.

Good Morning Students,

In the event you were absent or as a recap, the following items were discussed this morning in grade-level meetings in the auditorium. Ms. Scibek and I want to make sure everyone is aware of these expectations in the closing days of this school year.

1. The high school is rolling out a new color-coded pass system throughout the building. The small paper quarterly passes have been discontinued. Whenever leaving the classroom, students are to make sure they have a pass issued by their teacher. Each teacher will have a color-coded restroom pass that must be carried by the student to and from the restroom. Passes can be left on the countertop as you enter the girl’s restroom or in the pass holder that has been placed on the wall of the boy’s restroom.  If a student needs to go to another location in the building (guidance, nurse, another classroom, etc.) they will be issued a green pass from their teacher. Students must have a visible pass in their possession at all times when outside of their classroom. Students in violation of this policy will be referred to the office for disciplinary action. In addition to having a pass, students must also sign in and sign out of their classroom whenever leaving the room.
  2. In regard to the dress code, students are not permitted to wear hoods on over their head, hats, or any other face or head coverings within the school building.  Students that refuse to remove these items and are continuing to wear hoods over their head, hats, or any other face or head covering will be treated as being insubordinate and will receive the appropriate disciplinary action.

We are looking forward to your cooperation following this policy during these last few days of the school year.