Serving their country: Hannah Guydosh

Hannah+Guydosh

Hannah Guydosh

GNA CAMPUS – Many seniors are making their final decision on what they want to do after high school in June. Many students will be going to college in the fall and some will be going into the workforce.

Here at GNA, we have a handful of students going into the military. The GNA Insider got a chance to sit down with Hannah Guydosh and interview her about her courageous decision to join the National Guard.

Hannah joined the military because she wanted to help people. Combat medics have always seemed so cool to her and that’s what got her into it. After speaking to multiple recruiters about their careers, she ended up going to the National Guard.

When Hannah told her dad she was thinking about joining the National Guard it wasn’t out of the blue. Hannah’s sister Allison was already committed to joining the National Guard. Hannah’s dad is really proud of both of his daughters for committing to the National Guard. Hannah’s Military Occupational Specialty is 68W (combat medic) which has always been her “dream” career. It’s what made her think about the military.

Hannah doesn’t know when or where she’s leaving for basic training but she hopes she is going to the MEPS in the spring. Hannah is preparing herself for basic training by intermediate fasting, a lot of walking and running, and push-ups. Hannah is most excited about getting the experience of the National Guard. Hannah told The GNA Insider “I really just can’t wait to be in it.” 

Hannah is most nervous about basic training. Hannah has reminded herself that everyone is there for the first time with her. She told The GNA Insider some benefits of joining the military “College is paid for in state. That’s the biggie that kind of gets people in my opinion.”

In five years time, Hannah can see herself re-enlisted. Hannah has a family member who has served in the military. Hannah’s grandfather was in the army. Hannah’s advice for people who are interested in serving in the military is “Talk to all the recruiters you can after looking into it yourself. Do your research and make your own decisions.”

Congratulations Hannah for enlisting in the military, and good luck at basic training!