World Language Honor Society students host a treat gram fundraiser

GNA hosts fundraiser to benefit non-profit organization World Central Kitchen

GNA CAMPUS – Last week on November 12 during parent-teacher conferences, the World Language Honor Society students hosted a treat gram fundraiser to benefit World Central Kitchen. The World Central Kitchen is a non-profit organization that GNA chose to support this 2021-2022 school year. 

Photo from audaciousproject.org

Their mission is to use “. . . the power of food to nourish communities and strengthen economies through times of crisis and beyond.” Working to enrich communities is an extremely important task and benefits everyone involved. Not only do the workers grasp new skills and give back, but the people on the receiving end get a second chance in places where they struggle.

There were different stations set up at the entrances of the four schools. Students that are a part of the World Language Honor Society encouraged parents to send kind and loving messages to their kids through different treats like Hersey’s chocolate, Swedish Fish, or Cheez-Itz. Even staff members were allowed to get in on the fun. 

The treats and their messages will be distributed to students and staff members this week. It will be sure to brighten all of their mornings. 

All in all, it was a very successful fundraiser and a great experience for everyone involved. If you’d like more information on the World Central Kitchen and how you can help, click the link below:

https://wck.org/