Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week

GNA CAMPUS – If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to help expand your horizons and become a future leader, then consider attending the Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week this summer. 

What is PFEW?

A unique and challenging program that provides a hands-on opportunity to learn about business and our free enterprise system. This program opens doors for high school sophomores and juniors to learn what it takes to succeed in our fast-paced world filled with endless changes and challenges. You will receive practical tools and knowledge that will help you determine your career path while making life-long connections and friendships. Since 1979, this internationally acclaimed program has taught students what it takes to make our private enterprise system work.

What will I do at PFEW?

•  Form an executive management team with your peers and run your own imaginary business
  • Compete against other student companies throughout the week
  • Determine selling prices, marketing costs, production budgets, research and development, banking, and other decisions to help your company succeed
  • Develop a complete marketing and advertising campaign for your company
  • Make all the decisions that are demanded of real-life company executives
  • Hear and meet world-class speakers who will share their experiences on a wide variety of topics
  • Live on a college campus and get a taste of college life
  • Spend a week with some of Pennsylvania’s top executives who will inspire and motivate you
  • Explore career fields and have doors opened to your future
  • HAVE FUN!!!!

Who can attend? 

• All applicants must: Be a current sophomore or junior;
  • Have the written permission of a legal guardian;
  • Have the endorsement of a school official/educator;
  • Submit completed application and enrollment materials by the given due date.

How do I apply?

• Complete the application, write two short essays, obtain the required information from a school official/educator and submit to PFEW.
  • You can also apply online at www.pfew.org. Online applications are processed faster.
  • You can check the status of your application on the PFEW website by clicking on the “check status’ link on the homepage

How much does it cost?

Students submit a non-refundable registration fee if accepted (do NOT submit fee with application) Financial aid and/or payment plans are available by contacting them when accepted. The cost is kept low thanks to PFEW’s generous donors who provide sponsorships valued at over $1500 for every student accepted to PFEW. The registration fee combined with the sponsorships covers materials, activities, meals, and lodging. 

THE REGISTRATION FEE IS $295

To find out more information about PFEW please visit their website at www.pfew.org