Being the new kid isn’t easy

Being a new student isn’t easy; I would know because I am somewhat new to GNA. Here are some tips for new students that I have learned as a result of going through the process:

Avoid stress in the cafeteria 

The lunch room can be one of the most stressful places on your first days at a new school. Sitting alone at first is not a bad thing because there are many wonderful students who will come sit with you. Be kind, courteous, and never let your self-esteem suffer. Be strong and try to find the good in everyone and in every situation. By surrounding yourself with positive people you will undoubtedly enjoy your academic career much more than by surrounding yourself with negativity.

Not knowing where to go 

A new school can seem twice as large as it actually is. Sometimes you can feel lost in your unfamiliar surroundings. Take a deep breath and ask a fellow student or a teacher to help you. Once you develop a routine, you will begin to feel at ease and understand that the school is not a winding maze of hallways that lead to dead ends. Rather, it is a place much smaller and easier to navigate.

Making friends 

Making friends is not the same for everyone. Introducing yourself is a fantastic way to start! Be brave and believe in yourself. There are a lot of nice students here at GNA, and always remember – “the only way to have a friend is to be one.”

Don’t be afraid 

Take a deep breath. You are going to meet some incredible new people. Continuing life’s journey of growing up is a constant roller coaster of ups and downs. Always remember that a person who never makes mistakes never makes anything. Never let fear prevent you from trying new things. The more you involve yourself in your school, the more you will enjoy your time here.