Beyond the bases

Pride is such an important part of everyone’s high school experience. Anyone who plays sports knows that the home field is not only something to defend but something to be proud of. The GNA staff, student body, and athletic teams, as well as the entire community, should be proud of the campus upon which our teams play. Over the spring and summer of 2015, the GNA maintenance crew helped boost the spirit of not only the baseball team, but the students, staff and community by putting in a new baseball field.

“I believe that since we now play on campus instead of in Honey Pot, it will create a bigger fan base for the baseball program, not only varsity but even the younger players,” says Eric Grodizicki, a player for the Nanticoke baseball team. We asked Grodzicki if he thought there were any positive aspects the field would bring to not only the team, but the whole district. “The new field brings beauty to the campus, making all students more excited to be apart of such a great school.”

We also interviewed Madelyn Grilz, a sophomore who is always seen attending the home games. “I’m excited to see how the baseball players will improve their skills now that they have the new field to play and practice on,” says Grilz, who is patiently waiting for the spring 2016 season. Grilz continues to describe how she believes the field in Honey Pot was a disadvantage to the baseball team. “It’s a better location for everyone, including players and fans.”

The new field is something the students, staff, and alumni of GNA school district should be proud of, as so many of us are. GNA is really a beautiful campus, and the new field only adds to that beauty.