Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?

Finding better ways to assess teachers is a struggle here in the United States. We come across this problem all the time: are teachers really trying the best of their abilities to help students learn? I’ve done the research- and here are the results.

We all have the one teacher, not necessarily a BAD one, but an educator who isn’t really a GOOD one. Teachers are one of the most powerful people in a young person’s life; they help to shape the way that we learn and function. Having a motivated teacher influences student interest in the topic, their grades, and overall attitude in the class.

Grading teachers would be a huge benefit for both the students and educator. This allows for the teacher to see through the eyes of a student what they are doing right and wrong- what benefits them and what does not. This can make a complete turn for the students in terms of grades, demeanor, and overall learning capabilities in the classroom.

Getting teachers and students on the same page will lead to a huge prosperity to both- but what if a student is too immature or bias against the teacher to grade them righteously? This can definitely cause a magnificent miscommunication between the relationship of student to teacher- which can end up hurting the peer to peer relationship.

After all, students are the basis of the school system, creating and shaping the environment throughout the year. A grading system put into place would be an important asset to daily life and productivity here at Greater Nanticoke Area.

Resources

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/opinion/2016/03/12/voices-should-students-able-grade-their-teachers/81645656/

Featured image

The “Write” Assistive Tech Tools for Kids with ADHD