PSU’s Teen Entrepreneurial Challenge

PSU+Teen+Entrepreneurial+Challenge+Participants+

https://lehighvalley.launchbox.psu.edu/teen-entrepreneur-challenge/

PSU Teen Entrepreneurial Challenge Participants

This summer, Penn State University campus will be holding a Teen Entrepreneurial Challenge for high school students grades 10-12 during their summer camp week June 26-June 30, 2023. The Teen Entrepreneurial challenge is part of Penn State Wilkes-Barre’s Launchbox and Invent Penn State – a Commonwealth-wide initiative to spur economic development, job creation and student career success.

The Teen Entrepreneurial Challenge will consist of five classes, Monday, June 26 – Friday, June 30, 2023, 9 am-12 noon. It will include business mentoring and coaching led by Penn State entrepreneurial educators and local business leaders and will help students build a business model, gain presentation skills, communication skills, and increase their confidence. Students will then participate in a “Shark Tank” style pitch competition to turn their ideas into cash prizes: $300 for first place, $150 for second place and $50 for third place.

The cost to attend is $50 per student, but there are scholarships available. Limited scholarships are available and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds have been depleted. : All scholarship applications will be reviewed, and a determination made via email to the email address provided on this application. If approved, you will be asked to respond to an award email that you accept the scholarship. When accepted, a registration link and instructions will be provided to you to register for the camp.

This opportunity is open to all students in grades 10-12, and recent high school graduates will also be considered. If you’re interested in starting a business of your own, apply for the PSU Teen Entrepreneurial Challenge to make your mark!