The GNA Interact club

The Interact Club is Rotary International’s service club for youth ages 12 to 18. Interact clubs are sponsored by Rotary clubs, which are international service organizations that help better lives, solve community problems, and promote goodwill and peace.

Our school’s Interact Club is comprised of student officers, student board members, our advisor, and our rotary liaisons. There are a total of six student officers. Officers include Brianna Ottensman (President), Alicia Pacheco (Vice-President), Jillian Manangan, (Vice-President), Ariyanna Hrivnak (Secretary), Christopher Cabonilas (Treasurer), and Tyler Bieble (Sergeant at Arms). The board members are Chloe Josefowicz, Courtney Capie, Hailey Williams, Kameron Spencer, and Daniel Shevchenko. Finally, the school advisor is Mr. Richard Budnick and the rotary liaisons are Mrs. Irene Carey and Mr. Cody Baluta.

The Interact Club holds a meeting from 2:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. every Friday in room 226. There, we discuss current and upcoming projects, and also hold fun meetings. The club isn’t limited to anyone; all you have to do is show up and fill out a sign-up form in order to be part of it!

Every month, the Interact Club hosts a guest speaker. This year, the district governor came to present the many qualities of being a Rotarian. Officers and board members were given a pin as honor of being important members of the club. Students will also have an opportunity to receive awards by the end of the year; the more involved you are, the more likely you are to receive one.

Interact Club is a great way to get involved in the community. Our purpose is to provide opportunity for young people to help the school or community, promote their international understanding, and make them dependable leaders. We value service above all, and by the end of the year, our goal is to make everyone a leader. With the experience of being in the club, students can carry out service projects and learn about the world. Being involved in a community of highly motivated students who want to help others is a key factor. However, creating goals and aspirations are our responsibilities as students to make the club fully effective. As President Kennedy once said, “We choose to go to the moon, not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.”