November college advising events

Nov. 9, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM: College Application Day Pt. 2 (student-based event)

This event is part of the National College Application Campaign, an initiative that aims to increase the number of students who apply to at least one college. Ms. Jarman will be inviting representatives from local colleges and universities who can assist students with applications, review essays, conduct interviews, and offer instant admission decisions. Seniors will sign up for appointments and receive passes to participate. The event will take place in the computer lab. Participating colleges and universities include, King’s, Wilkes, Misericordia, Marywood, LCCC, Keystone, Susquehanna, University of Scranton, Bloomsburg.

Nov. 14, 2:15 PM: Financial Aid Information Session with PHEAA Session 2 (parent-based event)

This financial aid session will be specifically targeting parents who, due to work or family life, may not have been able to attend the evening session. Linda Pacewicz from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) will provide an overview of the financial aid application process. Topics will include how to apply for the FAFSA, PHEAA Grant, CSS Profile, and scholarships (This is an encore of the presentation given Thursday, September 21st).

Nov. 30, 2:00 PM (tentative date): FAFSA Completion Afternoon (student & parent event)

Ms. Jarman and a financial aid counselor from King’s College will be on hand to help students and parents complete the FAFSA and PHEAA applications.