Think twice about dropping out

According to a 2018 article on https://classroom.synonym.com, approximately 6% of students (ages 16-24) drop out of high school. Some general reasons as to why students drop out include economical difficulties (especially those from lower class families), pregnancy, learning/physical disabilities, feelings of isolation, failing too many classes, boredom, etc. A chart beneath the article presents a wide array of reasons as to why a student may either consider or actually drop out.

If you are a current high school student in any grade, most likely you have thought about dropping out at least once. People who drop out of high school usually regret it throughout their entire life. The weight of their decision impacts their every day life, and can be used against them in a varying situations.

EWarnix

For those considering dropping out of high school, all of the following may be the negative effects from doing so: losing all or most of your friends, destroyed relations between family, friends, and other loved ones, failure to receive even the smallest paying of jobs, failure to meet deadlines, losing the chance to learning a new language, missed life lessons, and loss of after school activities, sports, and organizations (the ones you partake in). The negative effects can range far beyond these as well.

After a quick thought, you should reconsider dropping out. Compile a list or think of the things that would make you want to stay, and change your ways. Think of the lost relationships, your favorite class or teacher, think of the fact that you are almost out into the real world and that you can at least get by with a high school graduate degree, think of your current job (the one you will have to keep, since you may not find better), think of the raises you will not receive, and think of the ways you will initially be perceived by many.

As presented in this article, dropping out of high school is surely a huge mistake taken by some. The odds stack up against it, and even those who graduate high school and achieve an associate’s degree may still manage to struggle throughout life. Do not be the person who decides to drop out of high school. You will not look cool, and you will most likely not succeed. You may not have the money to care for your parents when they grow old, or even a fair amount of money to retire with.

Skye Gould/Tech Insider