GNA High School AP teachers and students hold flapjack fundraiser to cut costs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jasmyne Morgans, Student Writer/ Photographer

Advanced Placement teachers and students of the Greater Nanticoke Area High School recently rallied to lower the fee of the Advanced Placement (AP) exam for the district’s 55 students who are enrolled in AP courses and intend to take the exam in the spring. Among various conducted fundraisers was a pancake breakfast held at Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar in Wilkes-Barre, where students greeted, seated, and served various generous members of the Greater Nanticoke Area community. 

The AP Flapjack Fundraiser was a tremendous success! In total, with ticket sales and donations included, $1,634.00 was raised to lower the price of the AP exam for Nanticoke’s students. The GNA Insider, as well as the participants of the initiative, thank those who sold or purchased tickets and gave their time and money to the cause. With their help, in conjunction with the motivation of the students themselves, this project was successful, allowing for more valuable educational opportunities for the juniors and seniors of the school district.

Participating in this excellent endeavor were the following members of GNA School District:

Row 1 (seated): Haylee Crawn, Jilann Baron, Leah Kubasek, Morgan Burleigh, Jillian Manangan, Katie Ward, Calista Walk, Taylor Simmons, Gabriella Proleika, Jordan Spencer, Caitlyn McHenry, Amber Kalinowski, Casandra Tolodzieski, Seth Wesley, Kaylee Simmons, and Cameron Valaitis

Row 2 (kneeling): AP US History Teacher Candice Muench, Emalie Rowles, Madelyn Bugdonovitch, Meghan Duda, Mackenzie Casey, Amanda Margalski, Alexis Nadolny, Hope Halliday, William Kanjorski, Trevor Grohowski, Collin Kudrako-Kashatus, Tyler Rushton, Adam Eckhart, Allison Williams, Bella Czeck, Deyonna Wood, Christopher Cabonilas, and Kaleigh Hamm

Row 3 (standing): Nanticoke High School Principal Amy Scibek, AP Calculus Teacher Barbara Warman, Harley LaRue, Owen Thomas, Dylan Szychowski, Trahjan Krupinski, Tyler Pokrinchak, Michael Partington, Richard Klepadlo, Colin Siegel, Lance Jenson, Gabriel Jenceleski, Liam Carcieri, Garrett Dzugan, Noah Krubitzer, Christian Mavus, Sean Wolfe, Andrew Stratton, Andrew Kozlofski, AP English Teacher Rachel Jeffries, and AP Biology Teacher David Prushinski

*Missing from the photograph: High School Guidance Counselor Lindsey Iacovazzi, Arieli Brabant, Zackery Golembeski, Collin Thomas, Noah Yatsko, Abbey Zegarski

About the Writer
Jasmyne Morgans, Student Writer

My name is Jasmyne Morgans, and I am a currently a junior. I moved to Nanticoke from Wilkes Barre and I've been apart of GNA for eight years now.

This...