We Are G-N-A

Visualize school spirit- What do you see? Do you see the GNA student body adorned in blue and white, endlessly cheering? Do you see the Nanticoke Jungle together as one, standing side by side and chanting “I believe” despite the odds of victory. Do you see, under the Friday night lights, exhilarated fans, screaming, waving, and jumping up and down anxiously awaiting the opening kickoff? You don’t have to imagine all of this because it already happens here at GNA. All of the emotions felt on homecoming night can be attributed to the embodiment of school spirit by GNA school spirit by GNA students, faculty, staff, and community members.

Homecoming isn’t meant to be a one week affair; it is so much more.Our school spirit is not about each individual student, but about the feeling of togetherness. All of the events are crucial to the atmosphere of the homecoming game. Beginning with the pep-rally, the entire student body comes together to “light a fire” within the football players and their coaches for the homecoming game. Soon following, the students come back to bask in the glory of the bonfire built by the senior class, and to reminisce about the past week and build more anticipation for Friday night football. The day’s events culminate with the students dancing the night away at the annual homecoming dance.

The moment we have all been waiting for has finally arrived. The anticipation is allayed as the first kick off of the
game is delivered. With the Nanticoke Jungle in the stands screaming the ‘N-A-N-T-I-C-O-K-E’ cheer, along with faculty, staff, and community members watching attentively- the feeling is indescribable. The tone of homecoming has finally been set for the 2015 school year and will be carried through to all future sporting events. No matter the outcome of the games, we know one thing is certain: The GNA Trojan spirit is here to stay for years to come.